Sunday, August 3, 2008

The Beginning

Wow, where to start. I'm not sure if there are rules to blogging, but if there are, this might be one of the no-no's. I feel like starting in the past and since its my blog, I've decided to go for it.

Zeb is my remedy for a broken heart. I'm not going to relate a sad relationship story, just suffice it to say that my heart was broken when I lost my heart-dog to a brain tumor on Oct 30, 06. Darn those holidays, it ensured that I would never forget the date. As hard as it was to do, I sent out inquiries to friends for recommendations and when I found myself alone and dogless, I was able to locate a puppy quickly to fill my empty house and hopefully the huge chasm in my heart left by my Speedway's passing.I almost passed on this pup. I prefer a darker dog, but he was perfect in every other way. It's now approaching 2 years later and I have never doubted that decision.

I need to note that his breeder was NOT breeding for color. I feel strongly that border collies should be bred for working ability only. Mostly white puppies was not the goal of his litter.

No comments: